The Chattanooga Theatre Centre is looking for three playwrights for our inaugural Playwrights Residency Program for the 2019-2020 season. The goal of this program is to support new work by offering playwrights space, actors, and support with which they may develop new works in a loose, semi-structured schedule.
You will be a resident for the 2019-2020 season, during which you may use CTC facilities and resources to advance your play(s). There will be no monetary compensation, however you will have full access to volunteer actors, rehearsal halls, and theatres, and may organize public readings when work is ready.
The deadline for submissions is August 1. Selected residents will be notified by September 1. The residency itself will last from September 19, 2019, to August 20, 2020.
Fee: No fee
Restrictions: Must be able to travel to Chattanooga, TN
Submission Method: Email
Eligibility: You must be able to travel to the Chattanooga area, and you may pursue more than one work in progress for this program. Playwrights of all backgrounds are eligible to apply.
· One writing sample (full-length plays and one-act plays are acceptable)
· No musicals, 10-minute plays, or one-person plays
· Minimum of three characters
· Any coherent writing format is acceptable
· The document(s) must be in PDF format. No name or any other writer contact information can be on the writing samples themselves.
· Include cover letter describing your background, experience, and what you hope to gain from this residency.
· Include synopsis and character breakdown
· Please e-mail all submissions to [email protected] with the subject line “CTC Playwrights Residence”.
Posted July 3, 2019