Check this page and follow us on Facebook for updates as more information becomes available.
Dear CTC Family,
Our stage was empty this past weekend, but our hearts are full with the outpouring of support we have received from our theatre family this week. You are important to us, and we look forward to seeing you again when we get on the other side of this crisis.
In light of the developing news about the coronavirus and recommended guidelines from local, state, and national authorities, here’s the latest from the CTC:
- In the interest of public safety and the safety of our employees, our box office is now closed to walk-up traffic. We will continue to operate our normal business by phone and online. Ticketholders with current reservations are being contacted regarding their options: rescheduling, donating the ticket price, or getting a refund. If you need assistance, call the box office at 423.267.8534 and, if you don’t reach us, leave a message.
- Our Youth Theatre production of THE CAT IN THE HAT, originally scheduled for May 8-17, has been rescheduled for June 12-21. (This is subject to change.)
- Auditions for THE CAT IN THE HAT, originally scheduled for March 23-24, have been rescheduled for Monday and Tuesday, May 4-5, at 5 p.m. (This is subject to change.) Auditions will be conducted with a limited number of people at one time. For more information, visit us at http://bit.ly/35YUjIU.
- Auditions for DREAMGIRLS, originally scheduled for March 23-24, have been rescheduled for Monday and Tuesday, April 13-14, at 7:30 p.m. (This is subject to change.)
- The start of classes, originally scheduled for Monday, March 16, has been postponed as we consider our alternatives. Our education department is reaching out to registered students to provide more information.
- The puppet playshop scheduled for this Saturday, March 21, has been cancelled.
- The Second Century Society reception scheduled for March 31 will be rescheduled on a later date.
- Our productions of THE HOLLOW, originally scheduled to open last Friday, and BAREFOOT IN THE PARK, originally scheduled to open Friday of next week, are on hold as we consider alternative dates and alternative means of presenting them to you.
- Finally, be on the lookout for an announcement about our 2020-2021 season!
Note that it is never an easy decision to postpone a production, because it impacts our entire community – you, our dedicated patrons, subscribers, and supporters, as well as our remarkable volunteers, creative team, and staff. However, with the rapidly changing public health recommendations, we are taking steps to protect everyone. Your well-being is our top priority.
While these challenging times call for bold choices, we trust that this current hiatus of live theatre at the CTC—and elsewhere—will only serve to bolster our love and appreciation for it.
So, stay tuned. We have a dedicated page on our website (TheatreCentre.com/coronavirus) which we will update whenever we have new information. You can also find updates on our Facebook pages.
Thank you for supporting us as we work to ensure that the first-class theatre you count on at the CTC continues to thrive in our great city. Be safe. We hope to see you soon.
– Your friends at the CTC
Posted March 18, 2020 3:00 PM
To Our Valued Patrons and Volunteers,
As our community continues to feel the increased impact of the coronavirus, we feel it is important to share with you what we are doing to help keep people safe and healthy. Please be assured we have protocols in place and are working within CDC and local public health officials’ guidelines.
Our mission is to enrich the cultural, intellectual, and emotional development of people of all ages by providing high-quality theatrical experiences and creating opportunities to engage in them, but as the situation evolves, we have made the decision to temporarily cease productions as of today, March 13, and we will keep you informed as other information becomes available.
The health and safety of our theatre community is our top priority. This difficult decision was not made lightly, and we hope to resume activities as soon as is safely possible.
This decision affects the following activities:
– The opening of our production of “The Hollow,” originally scheduled for this weekend, has been postponed until Thursday, March 26. This is subject to change as we continue to monitor the recommendations of local, state, and national agencies.
– The start of classes scheduled for Monday, March 16, will be delayed until Monday, March 30. Our education department will be reaching out to registered students to provide more information. This is subject to change.
– Auditions for “Dreamgirls” and “Cat in the Hat” will continue as planned on Monday, March 24. This is subject to change.
– The opening of our production of “Barefoot in the Park” will proceed as scheduled on Friday, March 27. This is subject to change.
Here are the immediate steps we are taking to serve our theatre community:
– Our box office will contact ticketholders by email and phone regarding rescheduling current reservations.
– We are exercising increased vigilance in cleaning, disinfecting, and sanitizing all public, backstage, and administrative spaces in the building in keeping with CDC guidelines.
– We are recommending all employees and guest artists take precautionary health measures, including frequent handwashing, social distancing, and staying home when sick or symptomatic.
We will provide further information and updates via our Facebook pages and website.
Our volunteers and patrons are at the heart of everything we do. Thank you for your patience as we navigate this difficult situation one day at a time. While the short term will be challenging, we are committed to providing the same quality of theatre experiences, volunteer opportunities, and educational outreach you have come to expect. Thank you for your continued support of the Chattanooga Theatre Centre.
Posted March 13, 2020 12:00 PM