NOTICE: To ensure our audiences and volunteers have a safe experience as we come together to share our love of live theatre, the CTC will require audience members attending our production of THE HOLLOW to show proof of vaccination or proof of a negative COVID test within the last 72 hours upon arrival before a performance. We’ll continue to follow other safety protocols, including limiting capacity to 40%, socially distanced seating, and required face masks. We appreciate your support as we aim to create a theatre experience that everyone can safely enjoy.
Safety Protocols for Our Audiences
As we welcome audiences to the Chattanooga Theatre Centre, we have developed these safety guidelines to strike a balance between protecting the health and well-being of our patrons, volunteers, and staff and providing a theatre experience that is enjoyable for our patrons. This 22-step safety plan is extensive, but we feel that it is not so restrictive that our patrons cannot enjoy a visit to the theatre. In fact, we believe that it is because of these restrictions that patrons will be able to have an enjoyable experience. We look forward to welcoming you to the CTC for a safe and enjoyable evening at the theatre.
- Theatres will be limited to 40 percent capacity, which allows us to meet recommended standards for social distancing. Socially distanced seating will leave at least two vacant seats between parties.
- All patrons, volunteers, and staff are required to wear a face covering whenever in the building, with the exception of performers on stage. Face shields are not permitted. Disposable masks will be provided to those who don’t have their own.
- All transactions will be conducted by phone or online, and ticket holders will be checked in upon arrival with a touchless procedure.
- All patrons, volunteers, and staff will have their temperature checked upon entering the building by no-contact thermometers.
- Patrons will be encouraged to meet the members of their party outside as we discourage patrons from congregating in the lobby.
- Patrons will be expected to maintain social distancing and at least six feet of separation from individuals not in their group.
- Signage and floor markings are in place to reinforce social distancing and recommended patron behavior.
- Hand sanitizer stations are placed throughout the building, including at the entrances and exits, in the lobby, and outside of restrooms.
- Protective plexiglass barriers have been installed at box office counters and concession stands.
- Playbills will be digital, rather than printed, to eliminate the risk of transference.
- Automatic touchless faucets are available in all of our restrooms to eliminate the need to touch faucets while washing your hands. We have converted our toilets to automatic flush systems and have replaced soap and paper towel dispensers with automatic dispensers.
- We have installed a GPS bipolar ionization air purification system that removes 99.4% of viruses like COVID-19 from indoor air.
- Water fountains will be temporarily out of use.
- Wheelchairs will be available and sanitized after each use.
- We will encourage patrons to use all available exits after performances.
- Our theatre, lobby, and restrooms, including seats, armrests, and other high-touch surfaces, will be sanitized after each performance using a combination of disinfectant sprays, wipes, and electrostatic sprays.
“Roadmap for Recovery & Resilience,” American Repertory Theatre & Harvard University School of Public Health
“Guide to Reopening Theatrical Venues,” Performing Arts Center Consortium Advisory Committee on Reopening
Event Safety Alliance Reopening Guide
Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
State of Tennessee’s Tennessee Pledge
Hamilton County Health Department
Chattanooga Gathering Guide