As we welcome audiences back to the Chattanooga Theatre Centre, we have developed these safety guidelines to strike a balance between protecting the health and well-being of our patrons, volunteers, and staff and providing a theatre experience that is enjoyable for our patrons. This 22-step safety plan is extensive, but we feel that it is not so restrictive that our patrons cannot enjoy a visit to the theatre. In fact, we believe that it is because of these restrictions that patrons will be able to have an enjoyable experience.
To develop these guidelines, we consulted the CDC, the State of Tennessee, the Hamilton County Health Department, the Performing Arts Center Consortium Advisory Committee on Reopening, and the American Repertory Theatre & Harvard University School of Public Health’s Roadmap for Recovery & Resilience, as well as following the examples of community and professional theatres across the country.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the CTC for a safe and enjoyable evening at the theatre.
- Performances will be in the mainstage theatre, where restricted seating in the 380-seat auditorium allows us to exceed recommended standards for social distancing. Seating will be limited to 30 percent of peak capacity, leaving at least three vacant seats (more than six feet) between parties and staggering seating between rows.
- All patrons, volunteers, and staff will be required to wear a face covering whenever in the building, with the exception of performers on stage, who will practice social distancing. Disposable masks will be provided to those who don’t have their own.
- All transactions will be conducted by phone or online, and ticket holders will be checked in upon arrival with a touchless procedure. No cash transactions.
- Admission will be by reservation only. No walk-ups permitted.
- All patrons, volunteers, and staff will have their temperature checked upon entering the building by no-contact thermometers.
- Exterior doors will be open before, during, and after performances to increase ventilation throughout the building.
- Doors into the building, lobby, and theatre will be designated as entrances or exits to minimize traffic flow.
- We will have staggered entry times to prevent crowding. Patrons will be discouraged from congregating in the lobby.
- Patrons will be expected to maintain social distancing and at least six feet of separation from individuals not in their group.
- Signage and floor markings will be in place to reinforce social distancing and recommended patron behavior.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be placed throughout the building, including at the entrances and exits, in the lobby, and outside of restrooms.
- Protective plexiglass barriers have been installed at box office counters and concession stands.
- Playbills will be digital, rather than printed, to eliminate the risk of transference.
- Concessions will not be available. Free bottled water will be offered but must be consumed outdoors before re-entering the building.
- We will require patrons to remain seated or standing at their seats during intermission unless moving directly to or from the restrooms.
- Staff and volunteers will limit occupancy of restrooms to ensure social distancing. Lines will be monitored to allow appropriate space between patrons.
- Automatic touchless faucets are available in all of our restrooms to eliminate the need to touch faucets while washing your hands, and we have just converted our toilets to automatic flush systems.
- In partnership with TVA, we are installing UV-C germicidal lights in our HVAC system that remove viruses like COVID-19 from indoor air.
- Water fountains will be temporarily out of use.
- Wheelchairs will be available and sanitized after each use.
- We will encourage patrons to use all available exits after performances and will direct the audience to exit by row to minimize crowding.
- Our theatre and lobby, including seats, armrests, and other high-touch surfaces, will be sanitized after each performance using a combination of disinfectant sprays, wipes, and high-tech electrostatic sprays.
Posted September 24, 2020